Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Claire's 1st Birthday!

Claire, my mom and I flew to SLC on July 15th and Claire did a fantastic job! Especially since the flight was delayed 3 hours! Claire actually did fantastic the entire trip! I was really shocked. She slept well every night, even though she was feeling well and had a blow out pretty much every morning. It was kinda crazy. She had a good time and we all did! She even slept perfectly while we were camping in a RV for 2 nights and had to share he sleeping room! 

We had Claire's party the day after her birthday at my brother's house in Layton, UT. It was a fun, cute little party. My cousin Megan made the cutest cake EVER!




Not only was it cute, it was delicious!!! 

Since Claire is allergic to dairy, and we are keeping her wheat/gluten free and egg free I made her an awesome vanilla gluten free wacky cake. It was actually really yummy and I would totally eat it any day! So, if you need a dessert and you have no eggs, make it! I had zero time to decorate it because people started to show up early so, I just put little blob designs on it. :)



Claire loved it and loved the candle flame. She wanted to touch it. We tried to get her to blow it out, but she didn't know how so Dale did it for her. 





She started to eat all off the little yellow blobs of icing first. Pretty much, she loved it! She had never had anything pure sugar like that before. She kept eating the blobs only and wouldn't dig in, so I ended up cutting her a slice. She ate almost the whole slice. 


Here she's thinking: "Can I really eat this whole thing myself? I can just dig in?!?!?" :)





It started to get messy, so we threw the bib on.




See those big, beautiful blue eyes? She's thinking: "This is the yummiest thing I have ever eaten in my life!"

It was a lot of fun and I got to see a lot of old friends I haven't seen in YEARS! The kids had fun outside and in the play house eating burgers, chips, cheddarwursts, and frog eye salad.



Nathan was just busy eatin' some good food!


Keegan, Claire's 2nd cousin was there too, and they played with the decorations together



Then it was time to open presents!
Claire loved all of them!
Music cow that moos, pretty dress, stuffed owl made by Aunt April, 
swimming pool, clothes, Tigger toy and others...






This is Claire's silly, sniffy, bunny nose that she makes. We love it! :)




Then it was bed time! She had fun! 

It was a really great trip. Claire had fun the whole time. And she did really well on the flight home too!
What a great baby girl!







No comments:

Post a Comment